Wednesday, July 05, 2006

4th of July


This 4th of July we spent the weekend with some friends ( Matt, Ashley, and Alana Atnip ) from Western Hills Church of Christ.

We drove to Cookeville, TN and hung out with Matt's family. His family is very warm and made us feel like we were at home. We went fishing in the river behind thier house and shortly after Matt's Dad showed me how to fly fish, I caught a HUGE carp! Unfortuately, the fish was so large that it bent the hook and got away. I know, I know, it sounds like a fish tale, but I had witnesses :)

The next day we all had a delicious lunch together and then spent the evening watching the fireworks show over the lake.

For more pictures go to my 4th of July 2006 Picasa Web Album.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:16 PM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:17 PM

    Nice to know that you finally got to fly fish.

    ReplyDelete