Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Day



Elijah and I tried really hard not to emphasize receiving presents this year. Instead, we really talked up the joy there is in giving presents. Abby got to pick out a present for her Daddy, Mommy and Enoch. She was so good at keeping the surprise! I think she had a lot of fun with it.

Abby woke up about 7 and came into our room, she didn't remember that it was Christmas morning. After we reminded her, she was so excited, she said, "Mommy, you get to open your present from me!" It was so precious to see that was what she was so excited about. So, Elijah and I opened our presents from her first. She knows her mommy well. When Elijah asked her what she thought I would like, she said, "food." When he asked what kind of food, she said, "pasta!" So, they got me a gift certificate to my favorite restraunt, "Maggianos!" She also knows her Daddy well. When I asked her about what to get him, she said, "a computer!" I asked for another idea and she said, "coffee." She likes to help make Daddy's coffee in the mornings on the days he works from home. So, Elijah got some Starbucks coffee and a gift card. Abby knew just what to get Enoch, too. Pacies!

I think one of Abby's favorite gifts she got was her new Children's Bible, "The Bible in Pictures for Little Eyes," by Kenneth Taylor. She kept wanting Elijah to read her story after story. He asked her several times if she wanted to open another present or keep reading, but she wanted to keep reading. It was nice to be able to take time in opening presents and play with each one as it was opened.

Moni and Pawi joined us for Christmas morning, too. We had applenut coffee cake, sausage cheese balls and hot chocolate with whipped cream for breakfast. Pawi and Moni offered to buy Christmas lunch from Kroger, so I didn't have to cook!

In the afternoon, we had Christmas dinner at the Guinness home. We had such a nice time eating, visiting and playing games together.

The Saturday after Christmas, we went back to the Guinness home to have a late Christmas with their friend, Miss Franklin. It was such a joy to watch her open her presents. She especially loved the new coat we got her and the Bible on CD from the Guinness family. I really think she felt how much God loves her!

No comments:

Post a Comment