Friday, April 17, 2009

I Can Read!



Abby was in the bathroom the other night getting ready for bed when I heard her say "mmmmmmmmmmmmm ooooooooooo mmmmmmmmmmmmmm" She kepts saying that over and over. I went in there to see what she was doing. There was a magazine open that had the word "Mom" written in large letters. I asked her what she was doing. She said she was trying to read that word. I said, "oh, okay," and I walked out of the room. She kept working on it until she figured it out on her own. She ran all over the house saying, "I can read, I can read, I can read!" Since then, she has really been interested in learning to read. We have started using a book called, "Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons." She's on lesson 24 and is doing very well. She likes to "read" her Bible and "read" to her friend, Mary. What a wonderful gift to be able to give a child, the gift of reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment