Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Baby Boy's Name

Before Abby was born Andrea and I both agreed on her name, but with our son we never did fully agree on a name. I was pleased the other day when Andrea honored me by letting me select our son's name.

After much study, prayer, and consideration, I have come up with a name that I think will bring honor to God and give our son a name to be proud of and to live up to.

Enoch Joel Manor

Enoch \e-no-ch\ is pronounced EE-nuk. It is of Hebrew origin, and its meaning is "trained and vowed, dedicated; profound". Once Enoch is born, we intend to dedicate him to God, His plans, and His purposes.

Like Elijah, Enoch was the only other person in the Bible that didn't die and was taken directly into Heaven. As in the following reference, Enoch was mentioned to "having pleased God".

Hebrews 11:5 reads...
"By faith Enoch was taken up so that he should not see death, and he was not found, because God had taken him. Now before he was taken he was commended as having pleased God."

I chose Enoch's middle name, Joel, because like my name it proclaims the name of God. Elijah means "My God is Jehovah", and Joel means "Yah(weh) is God".

I have enjoyed the name Elijah and I hope our son will enjoy his name too.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! That is beautiful! I am so happy for you three. What a wonderful name to live up to also. I truely believe a child's name is so important! May Enoch Joel were it well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:07 PM

    Your choices are great!! We're proud that you apparently were never embarrassed by your own name and we pray that your son will similarly wear his names with pride and dignity.

    Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the name. We miss you guys! Praying for a healthy baby and Mom!
    Love,
    Sonya

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are many website which offer services of baby name. You can choose the favorite name for your baby.

    ReplyDelete